It is not surprising that a seemingly easy to prepare recipe like Bisquick dumplings has so many followers.
Apart from the fact that they are easy to make, its consistency and taste are another two strong points that work in its favor.
It is believed that in past years when meat was scarce, these boiled bits of dough would act as a cheap alternative to satisfy hunger pangs.
With time, this Bisquick dumpling recipe became an integral part of cuisines designed for this purpose.
This filler has become an important part of the meal and its popularity refused to die down.
People introduced various versions of the same dish and each was savored with equal relish.
Bisquick Dumpling Recipe
The Bisquick Dumpling Recipe preparation time is 15-20 minutes.
Bisquick Dumpling Ingredients
If you want to add some additional taste or flavors, you may sprinkle a few herbs in the dough. (See below for more on that.) The two main ingredients of this dish are:
- Original Bisquick mix – 2 cups
- Milk – 2/3 cup
Bisquick Dumpling Directions
- Stir the ingredients together until a soft dough forms.
- Slowly drop this mixture into the boiling stew and reduce the heat while doing so. Make sure you are using a spoon to do so.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
Bisquick Dumpling (Alternative Directions)
- When you are dropping the dumplings, it is imperative that the stew is boiling otherwise the dumplings would not cook.
- You can sprinkle teaspoons of a seasoning herb or any seasoning blend into the mixture.
- Even after cooking, you can put grated Parmesan cheese to make the dish more delectable.
For the most popular recipe on this blog, click here.