In our house, Saturday’s are pancake mornings in the Nicholson household.
My husband uses this recipe to bake them from scratch, but you can’t think of pancakes without thinking of Bisquick.
This Bisquick shortcake recipe can be traced back in history during the late 16th century.
The first mention of shortcake has been found in one of the medieval English cookbooks during 1588.
With the advent of baking mix from Bisquick, baking shortcakes are just a cakewalk.
Bisquick Shortcake Recipe
Bisquick Shortcake Recipe Preparation Time
Speaking of a cakewalk, Bisquick shortcakes takes about 20 minutes to land on your plate from the mixing bowl.
Bisquick Shortcake Recipe Ingredients
A serving of six delicious shortcakes would need the below ingredients:
- Baking Mix from Bisquick – 2 1/3 cups
- Melted Butter – 3 Tablespoons
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Sugar – 3 Tablespoons
Vegan Bisquick Shortcake Recipe Ingredients
A vegan option can also be easily prepared by replacing the below ingredients:
- Use coconut oil instead of butter
- Use Almond Milk (unsweetened) instead of regular milk
Note that the alternative ingredients need to be used in the same quantity as the original ones.
Bisquick Shortcake Recipe Directions
- The oven should be pre-heated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk them properly
- Now, add the wet ones – milk and butter
- Mix all the ingredients well so that a soft dough-like consistency appears
- Put dollops of the mixture on a butter greased parchment paper
- Bake these shortcakes for no more than 12 minutes
- Alternatively, you can stop when you see that these cookies are turning golden brown
- Serve the cookies either in horizontal slices or big chunks with berries
For the most popular recipe on Christina All Day, click here.