The buttery nipple can be aptly termed as one of the best contemporary cocktail shooters of modern times.
Invented during the ‘cocktail renaissance’ period of the ‘80s, the buttery nipple recipe could not get any easier… which is great news and made this blog post super easy to write!
The shooter does not only get attention for its risqué name but also for its mind-bending composition of two ales that are completely different from each other yet create magic in a tiny shot glass!
The primary components of this wonderful brew are Sambuca and Irish Cream!
It is time to take a deep breath, clear ‘dirty thoughts’ and swoop through this buttery nipple recipe that takes just three minutes to prepare… unless you add the whipped cream and raspberries to the recipe, then tack on another minute or two.
Buttery Nipple Recipe
Buttery Nipple Recipe Ingredients
- A single shot of classic Buttery Nipple would need:
- Sambuca – ½ ounce
- Irish Cream – ½ ounce
- Grenadine – 1 drop (to create the “nipple”)
Buttery Nipple Recipe [Alternative Ingredients]
The alternative innovative recipe, tipping this drink towards the tipsy dessert side, would need:
- Butterscotch Schnapps (instead of Sambuca) and Irish Cream
- Whipped Cream
Buttery Nipple Recipe Directions
- In a shot glass, pour the Sambuca.
- Using a bar spoon’s back, pour the Irish Cream so that it stays afloat.
- Add Grenadine drop right in the center of the cream giving the “nipple” look.
Buttery Nipple Recipe [Alternative Directions]
- In a shaker, shake the ice, Irish Cream, and Butterscotch Schnapps.
- Once shaken well, pour the brew in shot glasses.
- Top it off with whipped cream.
- Put raspberries on top of the whipped cream. (Again, for the “nipple” look.)
For the most popular recipe on Christina All Day, click here. (It’s really good!)