Just the other day, my kids – all three of them (yes even the new one) went to a pumpkin patch.
In addition to lots of pumpkins, there were lots of squash so I thought it’s a perfect time to share these delicata squash recipes.
One of the primary ingredients is the extensive use of the seasonal vegetable delicata squash.
The interesting feature of this veggie is that the skin is extremely thin and thus needs no peeling.
Delicata Squash Recipes
The best thing about Delicata Squash is that it can be prepared by any method like:
- Frying (Shallow/Deep)
…and practically any other way you deem fit!
All you need is to chop it into your desired shape, remove the seeds and voila, preparation is over.
Delicata Squash Recipes with Cheese
- Chop the squash into medium pieces
- Lay them on a baking tray
- Sprinkle the cheese of your choice
- Bake it to a pre-defined temperature
- Serve with a garnish of oregano and pepper
Delicata Squash Recipes with Pasta
- Chop the squash in medium pieces, marinate them with a variety of herbs, and roast them.
- On a pan, toss some steamed pasta in olive oil and some herbs
- Serve it with a topping of sage-walnut pesto, roasted squash, and crispy sage.
Delicata Squash Recipes can be Endless
The above two recipes are just the tip of the iceberg.
A hoard of mix and match can be made with this simple winter squash.
Some of the key ingredients include apples, kale, wild rice, sesame and many more.
The variety of exotic yet simple dishes that can be prepared with delicata squash is endless.
For the most popular recipe on Christina All Day, click here.