In quarantine, you bake!
At least that’s what my husband, Colin, and daughter, Julianna, do.
This recipe is from my husband’s Grandad, or Geedad to my kids.
He calls it “Mile High Biscuits” and it’s an easy biscuit recipe for kids.
Easy Biscuit Recipe for Kids
Easy Biscuit Recipe for Kids Ingredients
- 3 cups of flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 3/4 cup of shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- a dash of salt
Easy Biscuit Recipe for Kids Directions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift the dry ingredients together – the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, and salt.
- Add 3/4 cup of shortening.
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white.
- Lightly beat the egg yolk with one cup of milk.
- Add the egg yolk and milk to the mixture.
- Whip the egg white.
- Add the egg white to the mixture and mix it all together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll the dough to a one-inch thickness.
- Use a floured cutter to cut the biscuits. (We used the end of a drinking glass.)
- Arrange the biscuits on a cooking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.