Need some gravy to go with that turkey? Maybe your mashed potatoes?
Here is a giblet gravy recipe to help you prepare the dish at home and enjoy the special treat.
Giblet Gravy Recipe
Giblet Gravy Recipe Ingredients
- Turkey giblets – 1
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Chicken bouillon – 1 cube
- Celery – 1 stalk, cut into a half
- Yellow onion – ¼
- Water – 1 quart
- Chicken broth – 2 cans (14.5 ounces)
- Hard-cooked eggs – 4
- Cornstarch – 2 tablespoons
- Milk – ½ cup
Giblet Gravy Recipe Directions
- Under moderate heat, cook the onion, celery, bouillon, and giblets along with salt in a quart of water filled in a saucepan of 2 quarts at moderate heat slowly for at least 40 to 50 minutes.
- Take out gizzard, onion, and celery.
- Next, cut the neck meat and the liver and add them to the pan.
- You can either add turkey and chicken broth to the pan. Use dripping made of about 1½ cups of chicken broth.
- Thereafter, chop eggs and mix them with the broth.
- Next, mingle milk with cornstarch and add put it on the broth slowly. Do not forget to stir the mixture well until it thickens.
As you may have come to know by now, giblet gravy not only tastes great but is also equally easy to prepare.
For the most popular recipe on this blog, click here.