Discover The Palm Beaches, the official tourism marketing corporation for Palm Beach County, has deployed a storm update page as a resource regarding hotel room availability during the potential impact of Hurricane Irma.
It will feature a list of hotel and lodging options throughout Palm Beach County with available occupancy. In addition, the page is linked to a list of key agencies that provide important resources for hurricane preparedness in Palm Beach County and throughout Florida.
“Our top priority is the safety of our visitors, conference attendees, residents, and tourism partners. This webpage will help ensure that these groups can remain informed in real time regarding the availability of resources to assist them during the potentially severe weather,” said Jorge Pesquera, president and CEO for Discover The Palm Beaches. “We encourage everyone in the area to monitor our website as we continue to keep our eye on the storm and its potential impact on our area.”
Current weather forecasts have issued hurricane advisories that include Palm Beach County. Visitors are encouraged to exercise caution and check with airlines, hotels, meeting venues, car rental companies, tour operators, etc. to determine what actions they plan to take and what methods are in place to assist potentially displaced travelers.
Travelers, conference delegates, and residents should also look to the following sources for information:
- National Weather Service: www.weather.gov/
- National Hurricane Center: www.nhc.noaa.gov
- VISIT FLORIDA travel advisories on www.VISITFLORIDA.com
- VISIT FLORIDA Partners and businesses in the Florida tourism industry hotline, (877) 435-2872
- Florida Division of Emergency Management: floridadisaster.org
- General tourism information: VISIT FLORIDA consumer hotline, 888-735-2872
- Florida Power & Light (FPL) Storm Center: www.fpl.com/storm
- Palm Beach County public affairs: http://discover.pbcgov.org/