I love brownies.
So, the day before the kids started school… virtual school, we made lunch lady brownies.
They’re called lunch lady brownies because they taste like the brownies you got at school.
They’re very unique – like the amazing rectangle pizza I used to get every Friday with the little square pepperonis.
OMG – so good!
Lunch Lady Brownies Recipe
Lunch Lady Brownies Ingredients
- 1 cup of butter, or two sticks (melted)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
- 1/4 cup butter, or half a stick (softened)
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
Lunch Lady Brownies Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In the mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder.
- Add the flour and sugar.
- Then, add eggs and vanilla.
- NOTE: This batter is THICK!
- Scoop the batter into a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
Chocolate Frosting Directions
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Spread them over the warm brownies after they cool for about 15 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before cutting and serving.