When I was at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration with my family, we experienced a lot of great things and got some pretty cool stuff too.
All of the recipes in here are great for kids. The sections are perfect: Pack Like A Pro, Get Out The Dorr, Fill The Box, Add Some Fun, Extra Credit, and Putting It All Together.
We started with a twist on a household favorite, mac and cheese. With a little tweaking, we turned mac and cheese into mac and cheese BITES!
Mac and Cheese Bites Ingredients
- 6 ounces of uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Mac and Cheese Bites Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Add the milk and cheese, mix, and add the pasta. Toss to combine.
- Distribute the pasta mixture evenly in the wells of the pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven, allow them to cool for 5 minutes, remove from the pan, and serve.
Mac and Cheese Bites for a School Lunch
In the morning, warm the bites and either pack them in a preheated thermos or in a lunch container.
This recipe will make 24-bite size pieces.
It’s not in the cookbook, but we added a little more cheese and breadcrumbs. You can also add bacon.
For extra nutrition, add up to 1/2 cup of chopped veggies to the mix, like broccoli or peas.