Vodka and ginger beer in a copper mug is known as a Moscow Mule.
Except for the vodka, Moscow Mule is as American as it gets.
The reason the drink is served in copper mugs is because copper, being a good conductor of heat, makes it cooler and more refreshing to drink as opposed to drinking from a regular glass.
Moscow Mule Recipe with Tito’s
Moscow Mule Ingredients
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka – 1 and ½ ounces
- Ginger Beer – ½ cup (If you are not comfortable with the strong flavor of ginger beer, feel free to replace it with ginger ale, which is milder.)
- Lime Juice – ½ ounce, freshly squeezed
- Copper Mug – 1
- Lime Wedge – 1
- Ice – Lots of it
Moscow Mule Directions
- Mix all the ingredients in the copper mug and stir it once.
- Add ice to it and stick the lime wedge on the edge of the mug.
For the most popular recipe here, click here.