Making a no-sew fleece blanket is surprisingly very quick and easy. My sister made the fleece blankets for her friends in high school and now she’s making them for my kids.
No Sew Fleece Blanket Tutorial
Yes, you can buy the “no sew fleece blanket kits” at places like JoAnn Fabrics, but I think the best part is picking out the fabric at the store.
Landon picked a print with Lightning McQueen from Disney’s Cars and another full of Disney characters. Julianna went with Minnie Mouse for one side and My Little Pony for the other side.
No sew fleece blanket measurements
For Landon, who is two, we got 1 1/2 yards in the two different fabrics. Julianna, who is four, got two different fabrics cut at two yards each. Both blankets cover a full-size bed.
So, depending on the person you’re making the blanket for, you’d be safe starting at just one yard of fabric.
No sew fleece blanket instructions
- Lay the first piece of fabric face down on the floor. Place the second piece of fabric on top of that one, face up.
- Cut off the excess fabric on the edge that has the maker’s information. (It’s the fleece blanket’s version of a tag.)
- In the corners, cut a square that measures about six to eight inches.
- Cut one to two inch wide slits along the four edges of the blanket, going as far into the blanket as the square you cut in the corner.
- Tie the slits you cut together in a knot on all sides of the blanket.
If you want to create another no sew masterpiece, check out this blog post and video on how to make a no sew tutu.