A few years ago at the Disney Social Media Mom’s Celebration, I got The Best Homemade Kids” Lunches on the Planet cookbook by Laura Fuentes.
Yes, it’s as adorable as it sounds.
Check out the cover below and click here to get a copy for yourself.
My daughter Julianna and husband Colin broke it out today to find something fun to eat.
They decided on Spaghetti Cupcakes (but for the sake of SEO, I’m calling them spaghetti muffins).
Your kids may be more likely to eat them if you call them spaghetti cupcakes instead of spaghetti muffins.
Spaghetti Muffins Ingredients
- 8 ounces of uncooked spaghetti or 4-5 cups of leftover cooked spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
Spaghetti Muffins Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a standard cupcake pan.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions (if you’re not using leftover spaghetti)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and spaghetti.
- Combine everything until it’s thoroughly coated.
- Divide the spaghetti mixture evenly into the cupcake pan wells.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- If you feel fancy, use some extra Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top while it cools before eating.
Bonus: My husband LOVED these.
Spaghetti Muffins for a School Lunch
Something that’s fun about this cookbook is this section on how to use these recipes for school lunch.
To pack these for school lunch, you can warm them up in the morning and store them in a thermos.
Because we will be in school from home virtually, we will eat them at home!
For more fun recipes like these, make sure to poke around the food section of Christina All Day.
Don’t forget to look out for our baking videos on YouTube!