Have you ever had the butter cake from California Pizza Kitchen? If not, you should. Then, if you love it as much as I do, you should make it at home with this recipe. It’s not exactly like the butter cake from CPK (it never is), but it’s pretty darn close.
And of course, I add condensed milk to my butter cake recipe because every dessert is better with condensed milk.
Butter Cake Ingredients
- 2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (Oops! I forgot this part.)
Butter Cake Directions
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter the bottom of a cake pan (mine is about 9 inches)
- Take some of that 1 cup of sugar to cover the bottom and sides of the pan
- Mix all of the ingredients (in the order listed) in a mixer
- Pour mixture into cake pan (note: this will rise!)
- Bake for an hour, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean
At the restaurant, it’s served warm with vanilla ice cream on top. I highly recommend eating it this way… sooooo good! It’s so easy, even a three-year-old can make it. Seriously, click here to see if you didn’t watch the video!
[bctt tweet=”Have you ever had the #buttercake from #CaliforniaPizzaKitchen? Get the #recipe here!” username=”@ChristinaAllDay”]
If you like this post, I suggest checking out my recipe for banana bread. It’s my favorite!