Have you ever had the butter cake from California Pizza Kitchen? If not, you should. Then, if you love it as much as I do, you should make it at home with this recipe. It’s not exactly like the butter cake from CPK (it never is), but it’s pretty darn close.
And of course, I add condensed milk to my butter cake recipe because every dessert is better with condensed milk.
Butter Cake Ingredients
- 2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (Oops! I forgot this part.)
Before you jump into baking this cake, check out the star of Baking with Bunny going at it in the kitchen. She loves to bake with her mommy, so she just had to get in on this butter cake action 😉
Butter Cake Directions
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter the bottom of a cake pan (mine is about 9 inches)
- Take some of that 1 cup of sugar to cover the bottom and sides of the pan
- Mix all of the ingredients (in the order listed) in a mixer
- Pour mixture into cake pan (note: this will rise!)
- Bake for an hour, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean
At the restaurant, it’s served warm with vanilla ice cream on top. I highly recommend eating it this way… sooooo good! It’s so easy, even a three-year-old can make it. Seriously, click here to see if you didn’t watch the video!Have you ever had the #buttercake from #CaliforniaPizzaKitchen? Get the #recipe here! Click To Tweet
If you like this post, I suggest checking out my recipe for banana bread. It’s my favorite!