For some reason, people like to bake without brown sugar. I am NOT one of those people, but for those people who don’t use brown sugar, this recipe for chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar is for you!
Instead of brown sugar, we’re using molasses and honey. They make great brown sugar substitute!
My kids and I jumped in the kitchen to make these cookies because Santa is coming in a few nights… and Santa loves soft chocolate chip cookies.
To bake chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar on your own, follow the recipe below and let me know how they turn out! If you want to see us in action, be sure to check out the video of us baking them at home a couple of days before Santa’s arrival!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar Ingredients
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp. of molasses
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- lots of chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar Directions
- Cut the stick of butter into four smaller chunks and melt it for 30 seconds in the microwave
- Mix the butter with the sugar
- Add the molasses, honey, vanilla extract, and egg to the mixture
- Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips
- Use a cookie dough scooper (or as my kids call it, “a baby ice cream scooper”) to form balls and place on a greased cookie sheet
- Cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees (they will not look like they are done, but they are, so take them out before you burn them!)
- Let them cool for 15 minutes or so