My husband has a love for pumpkin.
So here we are again – finding things to bake with pumpkin in it.
This is NOT a pumpkin pie and it’s NOT a pumpkin cake.
So it’s safe to call it a dessert made out of canned pumpkin puree that is pretty easy to make.
Easy Canned Pumpkin Puree Dessert Recipe
Easy Canned Pumpkin Puree Dessert Ingredients
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (split into 6 Tablespoons and 2 Tablespoons – all melted)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of brown sugar (split into two 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup of pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips, etc. is optional
Easy Canned Pumpkin Puree Dessert Directions
- Set aside one cup of the yellow cake mix.
- Mix the remaining yellow cake mix, combine 6 Tablespoons of melted butter and 1 egg.
- Spread this mixture and push it down evenly in a baking dish that is 9×13 inches.
The Middle (that’s not a pie and not a cake)
- Use the same mixer to combine the pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, milk, 3 eggs, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour this over the crust in the baking dish.
Note: This will be liquid like a pie would be.
The Crumbled Topping
- In the same mixer (after it’s been cleaned) or a separate food processor, mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar, and 2 Tablespoons of melted butter to create crumbs.
- This is where you would add pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips, etc. if you’d like.
- Sprinkle the crumbs to make the third and final layer of the pumpkin dessert in the baking dish.
Cook the pumpkin dessert at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
Let it cool and serve it plain, with whipped cream, or with ice cream.