A hummingbird is the smallest of the birds and its unique feature is its ability to fly backward.
They primarily feed on flower nectars that are supposed to provide them with instant energy because of its high simple carbohydrate content.
One of the ways to make sure that hummingbirds survive the decline in the current climatic conditions is to place instant nectar feeders in backyards or any open spaces for decent meals.
Hummingbird Nectar Recipe
Hummingbird Nectar Recipe Preparation Time
The nectar can be prepared in less than five minutes.
Hummingbird Nectar Recipe Ingredients
- Lukewarm water-4 parts
- White Sugar-1 part
Hummingbird Nectar Recipe Directions
- Pour the water in a bowl followed by the sugar.
- Stir the sugar until it completely dissolves in the water.
- Put the mixture in the nectar feeder and store away the rest in a refrigerator.
Hummingbird Nectar Recipe Other Options
Alternately, the water can be boiling as well since it helps to dissolve the sugar easily and removes any toxic substances or odors as well.
However, the boiling mixture must be cooled off before loading the nectar feeders.
Points to remember for the BEST Hummingbird Nectar
- The sugar should be white only. No other alternatives like honey, molasses, etc. can be used.
- The use of red dyes to attract the birds is not suggested.
- The water must be free of any foreign particles or bad smell.