In my house, Sunday’s are for baking.
It’s one of many bread recipes in this issue.
In the baking video, you’ll see a lot of Disney references (especially our love for the Disney+ original show Be Our Chef, learn some kid jokes, and witness them stealing some ingredients (chocolate chips).
You’ll notice, I didn’t follow this recipe exactly as it’s shared in O. (I never follow them exactly… maybe that’s why I’ve never been amazing in the kitchen.)
For the full recipe, check out the issue here.
The recipe below makes TWO loaves of maple spelt banana bread, but we cut it in half to make just one.
Maple Spelt Banana Bread Recipe From O, The Oprah Magazine
Maple Spelt Banana Bread Ingredients
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour (I just used regular flour instead.)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. of honey
- some chocolate chips
- some other optional ingredients that we did not include are sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
Maple Spelt Banana Bread Directions
- Pre-heat the over to 350 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans to prep (or just one if you’re cutting the recipe in half as I did).
- Start adding the ingredients into a mixing bowl in the order they are listed. (This direction is very different in the original recipe.)
- Spread the batter in the loaf pan.
- Cut one banana in half longways and place it on top of the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour.
- Drizzle honey on the top after baking.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes.
There are LOTS of recipes on my blog, so be sure to check out some of the others here.