I love the tangy tomato dressing from the Outback Steakhouse, but they won’t sell it to you unless you are actually using it in the restaurant.
So, this is my (totally made up) Outback Steakhouse Tangy Tomato dressing recipe.
Outback Steakhouse Tangy Tomato Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of Catalina (or French) dressing
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder (this adds the spice so use a little less if you don’t want too much… or just omit)
- 1/8 teaspoon of thyme
Outback Steakhouse Tangy Tomato Salad Dressing Directions
Mix all of these ingredients together over a boiling stove for a couple of minutes.
Cool, refrigerate, and enjoy!
Tangy Tomato Salad Dressing is Not Just For Salads
While I love this on a salad (and that’s the only way I eat it), you can do so much more with a recipe like this one. Here are eight ideas from the Daily Meal.
- Make a dipping sauce
- Make a marinade
- Use it in braised dishes
- Flavor fried chicken
- Make a stir fry
- Make hot dip
- Use it in bruschetta
- Flavor potato salad