Oobleck is a fancy word for slime.
Slime is a hit not only among kids but with adults too.
Oobleck got its weird name from a famous Dr. Seuss book. Yes, this is Dr. Seuss’ Oobleck!
It also works wonders for stress management when you hold and squeeze it like a stress ball.
Oobleck Preparation Time
A handful of Oobleck takes just about 15 minutes from the pot to the hand.
Oobleck Recipe Ingredients
- Water – 1 cup
- Corn Starch – 1 1/2 or 2 cups (in ratio with the water)
- Your favorite food color
- Glitter (if you like things to sparkle as I do!)
Oobleck Recipe Directions
- Put the water in a bowl and add the food coloring to make it colorful and fun.
- Add the cornstarch powder to the water slowly, bit by bit at a time.
- Start with stirring the mixture until it reaches a gooey consistency.
- Once it reaches the desired consistency, put your hands into it and knead it well.
- Keep on kneading until the Oobleck with your desired texture is formed.