Do you want a small, sweet bite to delight your taste buds?
Then, try some tasty Pecan Tassies, a very good and mouth-watering dessert, comes in cute little shapes!
Pecan Tassies are generally believed to be an adapted form of the French-American Pecan Pie.
It is actually a miniature form of French Pecan pie or the little cookie version of the real Southern Pecan Pie.
Every year during the time of Christmas, this dessert is often made and served in the households of the South, but when you have a complete recipe of it, in your hand, then just make some to nourish your taste buds.
Pecan Tassie Recipe
This Pecan Tassie Recipe takes approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to get ready.
Pecan Tassie Recipe Ingredients
For the crust:
- 8 ounces of melted butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package of softened cream cheese
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup
For the filling:
- 1 cup of firmly powdered brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of roasted and chopped pecans
Pecan Tassie Recipe Directions
- In a mixing bowl, take the melted butter and cream cheese. Then beat it at medium speed with a mixer until it achieves a fine creamy texture.
- Slowly add the flour into the cream mixture and keep stirring at low speed.
- Divide the mixture equally into 45-50 balls and place on a baking sheet, then cover it fully and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Grease your muffin tray with a little butter and place each dough in each muffin cup.
- In another bowl mix, all ingredients of filling then pour on the little tarts with a spoon.
- Bake it for minimum 20 minutes at 350°
- Lastly, cool it completely in room temperature and serve to garnish it with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and some fruit jam.
You can also add some dry fruits to the filling or any other preferable ingredient.
For the most popular recipe on Christina All Day, butter cake just like the one from California Pizza Kitchen, click here.