Quite the interesting name for a martini, right?
When I was a bartender at Rooster’s in Columbus, Ohio I remember making some “Sex on the Beach”, so I guess there’s that.
Fun fact: This is the UK’s favorite cocktail!
So really, the reason behind the dirty name is this: To pique the customers’ interests.
The Pornstar Martini started back in 1999 in London and was created by Douglas Ankrah.
The name isn’t really based on anyone in particular. It’s just more to sort of to bring customers out of their comfort zone… which reminds me of when my mom visited me in college my freshman year at Ohio University and when we went to the bar I had her order a “red-headed slut”. (She was so embarrassed!)
This story even made it to Fox News, so I guess it’s newsworthy.
Pornstar Martini Recipe
First things first. What does one part mean when making a drink?
Well, one part is an inexact measurement.
It can mean, for example, 1 ounce, 1 tablespoon, or 1 cup.
The key is keeping all “parts” equal, so if your drink calls for one part alcohol and three parts juice and you’re making a drink for yourself, you’d want a mixture of 1 ounce of liquor and 3 ounces of the juice.
Yes, you’ll need to do a little bit of math here… martini math.
Pornstar Martini Recipe Ingredients
- 1½ Parts of Vodka… try flavored vodka like vanilla (my favorite is Absolut Grape)
- ¾ Part Passion Fruit Purée
- ½ Part Vanilla Syrup
- 1 Slice of Pineapple… or another fruit of your choice
- 1 Half Passion Fruit
Pornstar Martini Recipe Directions
- Muddle one slice of pineapple (or another fruit) in a shaker.
- Add your favorite flavored vodka (many prefer vanilla for this drink), passion fruit pulp from half a passion fruit, vanilla syrup, and passion fruit purée.
- Shake and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with 1/2 passion fruit floating.
- Serve with a shot of Champagne or Prosecco. (I’m guessing this has something to do with the Champagne room, right?)
To bake the most popular recipe on Christina All Day, butter cake just like the one from the California Pizza Kitchen, click here.